6mmwarfare.com - View topic - Tippman finally digging deeper into the airsoft market
Last Shout - Posted by: Shadow - Sunday, 28 September 2014 19:24
StF8 done and gone. What a successful comeback of a legendary (crappy) OP. Thanks to everyone that came and helped make this one of the best.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Tippman finally digging deeper into the airsoft market 
Gambler 3 High Speed Low Drag

psn_id: NavalWarFare
Post Tippman finally digging deeper into the airsoft market
I saw this as of this morning and had to post. Tippman seems to be dipping their feet into airsoft and I have to admit; the design is "out there" but I like the concept and think it will be a good performing and all around reliable system. Tippman makes good stuff.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, for I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I for sake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless, I am always there. Now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY. FOLLOW ME!

Fortuna favet audax.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:33 am
Hurricane face puncher
Hurricane face puncher

XBL Gamertag: marked318
Your Steam User ID: marked318
Post Re: Tippman finally digging deeper into the airsoft market
If this takes off, I can see it being a more cost-effective way for players to get their hands on a gas-operated rifle- and if they start expanding into models beyond the AR, they may well be on the path to becoming a serious contender in the airsoft market. What I'm wondering- and what I don't think was said- was whether it has blowback or not.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:35 am
Profile YIM

I DID notice that too neo. I'm assuming there is some form of blowback? It would seem that you would at least have to feel something when shooting it. I personally like this idea and hope tippman can improve on this design if it garners enough interest. I know I wouldn't be running the gun of CO2 (hpa way better) but the potential is definitely there for something great!

I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, for I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I for sake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless, I am always there. Now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY. FOLLOW ME!

Fortuna favet audax.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:18 pm
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I like the idea of being able to use co2 and hpa even if i woild most likely run hpa i can ditch the tank for when i am sick of running it. I wonder if the barrel and hop are like a regualr aeg though.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:12 am
Hurricane face puncher
Hurricane face puncher

XBL Gamertag: marked318
Your Steam User ID: marked318
I'd imagine they're similar to a PolarStar or GBB rifle... but since I don't know how much of that equates with AEG's, I can't really say. Ranger would know better than I do on that front.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm
Profile YIM

I'm assuming the internals would be similar to an aeg as far as inner barrel and hop up compatibility are concerned. Not to mention it would make this gun more market friendly since there would be aftermarket support for it from the get go. They make no mention of recoil so that should keep proprietary parts to a minimum. Once more detailed specs are released I'll be able to make a better judgment of the gun.

Fortuna favet audax.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]