6mmwarfare.com - View topic - WW2 firearms
Last Shout - Posted by: Shadow - Sunday, 28 September 2014 19:24
StF8 done and gone. What a successful comeback of a legendary (crappy) OP. Thanks to everyone that came and helped make this one of the best.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 WW2 firearms 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post WW2 firearms
What is your dream firearm from WW2 to own or at least fire.

For starters I would like to at least fire mg42. Now realisticly i would lime to own each infatry rifle used buy each country and im off to a decent start. I got ahold of an m1 garand vintage 1943 springfield only the barrel has been redone. I also have the pleasure of owning the type 99 arasaka a rifle that i still have yet to find rounds for. I still want to at least get ahold of a lee enfeild and k98 the nagant and carcano are the lowest priority on my list as i dont like the nagant and the carcano just isnt that intresting to me.

Mon May 06, 2013 4:15 pm
Colonel
Colonel

XBL Gamertag: metalmustang66
Post Re: WW2 firearms
M1 Garand all the way. Then a Ma Deuce. Thompson would be a tie with the GI 1911. I would love to fire a MG42 as well. Hell might as well throw the Springfield in there too 8-)

VFC HK416 WE XDM 3.8

"Welding an air nozzle to a cylinder head is not possible by polevaulting" I DID IT!

"MY EYESIGHT IS TACTICALLY SUPERIOR"

Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 pm
Gambler 3 High Speed Low Drag

psn_id: NavalWarFare
O man where to begin....I would love to at least fire the MG42 and pour water on the barrel. I have fired a Mosin Nagant, it's a nice rifle. I dig.
In order...
-Paratrooper Thompson
-Kar 98
-M1 Garand Carbine
-STG-44
-Gewehr 43
-Springfield 1901
-PPsh
-aaannd last but not least, my all time favorite. BAR.

I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, for I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I for sake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless, I am always there. Now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY. FOLLOW ME!

Fortuna favet audax.

Mon May 06, 2013 4:41 pm
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I have had the pleasure of handling a Thomson in a couple configurations at a few gun shows. Funny thing is that the Thompson with 50rnd drum weighs more than the BAR by about 2 pounds last i heard. I also forgot to mention the Springfield is on my list of rifles i want and i would like to give the g41/43 and stg 44 a try aswell

Mon May 06, 2013 4:54 pm
Gambler 1, Actual.
Gambler 1, Actual.

Your Steam User ID: kage_nana
psn_id: ROTARY_GOD
I'd have to go with MG42 as well.

And just so you can be as jealous as I am, my teammate Evownz used to work at a shop that had a few MG42's and he got to shoot the blank firing model in the alley behind the shop in a business court :D Needles to say this made the neighboring business slightly nervous :twisted:

The Barrett 50 cal ... because people have a strange tendency to get behind things when you start shooting at them.

" John is the only guy I know who would sexually assault a P90"

Check out sports only auction for airsoft stuff.
http://www.sportsonlyauction.com

Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

when i was at my advanced training course at Fort Bragg we were turning in our m4a1s and the Green beret weapon sergeant trainees were doing their foreign weapons course. They had MG3s, M2s and such i wanted to be over there rather than cleaning the god awful star chamber on an m4 i had put a weeks worth of blanks through. Being near an MG3 is the closest i have been to the mg42 sadly even if the MG3 is really just a modified MG42

Tue May 07, 2013 1:55 pm

psn_id: NavalWarFare
Psycho wrote:
rather than cleaning the god awful star chamber on an m4 i had put a weeks worth of blanks through.

OOO man do I know the pain of that....god it's like you can't get all the carbon out....it just keeps replicating!!!

I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, for I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I for sake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless, I am always there. Now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY. FOLLOW ME!

Fortuna favet audax.

Tue May 07, 2013 5:03 pm
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Worst part of the m4 to take care of by far though i still want one for some reason

Tue May 07, 2013 7:18 pm
Warrant Officer 3
Warrant Officer 3

psn_id: The_Schocker_
I would love to own and fire a bren gun, all time tops on my list is a qaud fifty. On a side note i would love to drive a tiger tank through a 2 story brick building

Wed May 08, 2013 6:52 pm
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I have been in one of the american half tracks i forgot the designation m2 or something like that also may get behjnd the controlls to an m5 next time i keet up with someone i k iw who is a ww2 reeinactor

Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 am
Recruit

Your Steam User ID: BLink101
psn_id: BLink101
World War Two saw a massive increase in the variety of weapons used to equip the average infantry battalion. A First World War private would have been versed in the operation of his bolt action rifle, the light machine gun and the heavy machine gun fielded by his particular army. His contemporary of twenty five years hence would have added the submachine gun, light and medium mortar, antitank rifle or rocket launcher, antitank and light anti-aircraft gun, rifle grenade and even flamethrower to his arsenal. Several of these weapons were of course pioneered in the Great War, but the true all arms concept was still some way off.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:39 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]